Going Coastal Transportation (GCT) will answer all of your frequently asked questions about our executive car, airport transfer, or coach services in Charleston, SC.
1. How far in advance do I need to book my car service reservation?
We prefer you book at least 24 hours in advance however we are available 24/7 so please call 843-216-8483 to check for availability on short notice requests.
2. What kind of car services do you offer in South Carolina?
- SEDAN, GCT offers the classic Chrysler 300 Sedan, Volvo S90 Luxury Sedan, Cadillac XTS Luxury Sedan and Mercedes S550 Super Premium Sedan.
- SUV, GCT offers Ford Expedition Max SUV and Chevrolet Suburban SUV.
- Executive Van, GCT offers Ford Transit Van and Mercedes Sprinter.
- Mini Coach, GCT offers International Coach, Turtle Top, Krystal and Grech.
- Motor Coach, GCT offers Van Hool, MCI, and Prevost.
3. How many passengers do your vehicles accommodate?
- Sedan – 2 Passengers is preferred but 3 is the max
- SUV – 5 Passengers is preferred but 6 is the max
- Executive Van – 14 Passengers max
- Sedan Limo – 8 Passengers max (Please note the interior is stretched not the trunk therefore this is a great leisure vehicle not an ideal airport car due to limited luggage space)
- Mini Coach – 28-35 Passengers max
- Motor Coach – 45-55 Passengers max
4. Where can I find my chauffeur at Charleston International Airport?
Our standard service includes curbside greet which would require you to exit baggage claim and walk towards the parking deck and taxi stand. Your Going Coastal chauffeur will be on the curb closest to the parking deck with your name on a signboard. For an additional fee of $25 your chauffeur will park in the deck and meet you inside the Charleston Airport terminal at the security checkpoint or at baggage claim with your name on a signboard. If for any reason you are still unable to locate your chauffeur please call our office at 843-216-8483 immediately.
5. What is the best time for GCT pick me up at my house or hotel for an airport departure?
We recommend you are picked up in our car 2 hours prior to your flight departure time for pickups within a 45 mile radius of the Charleston Airport.
6. What qualifications do your chauffeurs have?
- Chauffeurs come from customer service, law enforcement and southern hospitality backgrounds
- Chauffeurs are licensed with the City of Charleston
- Clear background checks from SLED and SCDMV driving records
- Professional representation in black suit and tie, company polo upon request for casual occasions